Monday, April 5, 2010

For You Steppy...

So it was pleasantly brought to my attention last night by a dear friend of mine...Steppy Nubble for anonymity's sake, that I hadn't been blogging much the last few days.  So here I am attempting to make something witty and creative come out of my brain.

I suppose I feel as though I am lacking creative juices as I have begun my spring term back at school...fun stuff.  No seriously though I love school.  However I do get a little frustrated on evenings such as this where I am preparing and have been all weekend for a test that I am unclear as to what the test is going to be on.  But I have been doing my best and studying the materials that I think are on the test.

On another note, I have been observing my mail as I frequently don't get mail and lately it seems like everyday I seem to be getting an invitation of some sort all relating to babies or weddings or wedding festivities.    I suppose I shouldn't really be all that shocked as we are approaching "that age."   This is not the only place that I am seeing all this wedding mumbo jumbo I see that almost everyone I know on facebook is getting married as well. 

Although that I am in a very committed relationship with the man that I call my mostly companion, and I potentially see marriage in our future...i do not see it happening anytime soon.  Some of you might think that we have not been together a long time as I don't see "wedding bells" in the near future, but that is a fallacy.  We are going on 3 years together - and we still don't officially live together.

Sometimes I wonder if I am some less terrifying form of a leper or if he is just scared or has no intention of proposing to me.  We are both of the "marrying age" yet we aren't in any hurry.  However I must make a confession I am in love with the show Say Yes to the Dress.  I watch it and fantasize about what that day might be like...

But being the weirdo that I am I have also picked out everything that I like in terms of colors, dresses, flowers, etc.  However I am missing one major part - a fiance.  Hahaha I find this rather hilarious. 

The other thing that always perplexes me is people that get married at really young ages - as I say this it makes me feel like I sound really old.  But it is honestly something that confuses me.  As I know how much I have changed between the age of 21-25 and then from 25 until now...and I still don't know that I have everything to offer another individual as their "wife."  I suppose that some of my questions in relation to this come in terms of financial stability.

I suppose however that it is not really my place to judge those who get married at young ages but I just can't really imagine what all you might have to offer another human when you don't really know yourself.  As I say this I can hear the words of my sister echoing in my head (and she said this to me years ago - after her first marriage had come to an end.)  "Don't get married until after you turn 30, you really don't know who you are or what you want from life."  or something like that (at least the second part)  But the don't get married before 30 is it for sure.  And as I find myself approaching 30 I think about it and how much I change every year...and how miserable I would be if I had married at young age to someone that I was in a serious relationship with at that time...I would long since be divorced and it would have been messy and awful!!  And here I sit, in a life that I quite like and as a person that I quite like and with a person that I truly adore - MY MOSTLY COMPANION.  It is a lovely thing.  I am in love with my best friend.  Hence the reason I call him my mostly companion.  He and I are pals - we play, we laugh, we love.  He is supportive of my adventures - he is my frequent accomplice.  He too has passed the 30 mark and isn't in any hurry.  As I write this I wonder if he and I have some sort of unspoken promise and intention to spend the rest of forever with one another we aren't however in any hurry.  Now if he doesn't feel this way than I sound like a real boob.  SO...for my sake we will say that he does.

But I wonder in young people what necessitates the idea of marriage - is it because their love is really the kind that spans a life time and they are ready to make all the portions of the commitment of marriage that really occur - such as the financial ones.  Or is it a whim - maybe that's not the right word, but something different that occurs in young marriage.  I wonder how much of an influence things such as social situations (whether or not your friends are getting married, the military, or religion) might have to do with it.

Please do not misunderstand me I do have the desire to get married some day and to my mostly companion, I am just not in any hurry...and when the time comes I believe that since we have been together for quite sometime I believe that it will.  I also think that this is going to make it quite the surprise because I have no expectation of when it will happen.  I won't say if because I do think that some day it will happen, yes someday my time will come too!!  Haha!!

The greatest part about all of this is that sometimes I wonder if my friends who know him and are close with him too all know something that I don't know (or maybe that is my shred of wishful thinking lol) but one of the invitations that we received was addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Mostly Companion (not really but again for anonymity's sake we will refer to him as such.)  And mind you that this invitation came from one of MY BEST GIRLFRIENDS IN THE WORLD!!!  Now this could just be because she is a funny lady, and that is more likely.  I do however feel for the person that delivers our mail as it began with just mail in my name, then mail in my daughters name and both our names....and now it has come addressed to myself and my mostly companion one week and the following week it was a addressed to Mr. and Mrs.  now back to us as individuals...our mail keeps having question marks all over them.  I guess its always fun to keep them guessing!!  Hahaha.

Well I must step away to commit to my other domestic duties.

Happy Reading!!

1 comment: