Thursday, April 15, 2010

its been a while old friend

so again it was brought to my attention that I am not keeping up with my blogging and for that I apologize.  I have embarked on yet another term of school and it is consuming me...Lets just hope that it comes out to great results.  That is what I hope for every term...but it doesn't always happen.

But this evening I am taking a momentary break for my life as it were and spending some much needed time with the people I love the most.  My daughter of course and my niece and my nephew.  They are delightful little people who make life so happy and carefree!

They are the moment all wearing capes and they are part of the Glenda Fame Bat club...and I'll tell you why.  My niece who is the youngest of the three and she is almost 3 - her name begins with a G ( it is not however Glenda that was my daughters contribution) , my nephew who just turned 5 his name begins with an F...hence the fame.  And we'll the bat club is because my nephew is wearing his batman pajamas complete with cape.

As I watch them play I am envious of how carefree and imaginative they all are together.  They play so freely, there is no television turned on - there are no fancy toys involved...there are some capes, three kids, and a blanket (to disguise them from the bad guys as they are helping all the people that are in trouble)  to have a wonderful time.

This reminds me of another funny story involving the very batman pajamas previously spoken of.   A few months back my mostly companion and I were spending the evening with the littles and the boy was wearing the batman pajamas - as soon as he was dressed in them he said to me "where's my cape?  I need my cape!"  I however disappointingly it might be did not know where the cape in question was.  We then proceeded to head downstairs in my sisters home so that the children could continue their play for a while and the boy (as I will be calling him as I do not want to mention names without permission from their parents...)  was asked by my mostly companion "Are you Batman?" and the reply was "No, I'm [insert name here] Batman."  and then he simply left the room.

Much to my delight tonight as we were putting on the boy's pajamas I was again asked "Where's my cape?"  This time however much to HIS delight...I was able to provide him with the cape.

Fortunately this has not been the only delights that these wonderful beings have blessed me with this evening...they are quite hilarious.  But earlier we had a lovely conversation on belly buttons which was followed by a displaying of bellybuttons - I maintained that I did not have one as I was not prepared to show mine to a 3,5 and 9 year old.

I find many delights in listening to my niece speak as she has the sweetest little voice and she says the sweetest things.  She was talking to me about ella...that is Cinderella in her words.  As well as "purple tights" which unfortunately I interpreted as poopy tights - not even close.  OOPS...

Well I must depart at least for a few as I need to put the boy and his kid sister to bed.  Sadly enough there will be no more tales of them for today but another time my friends!! 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment