Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I was told I was missed...

So as I sit her contemplating what to write, I sit back and think about things that have been going on in the world around me.  Although my own personal world isn't terribly exciting (it is mostly filled with anatomy and physiolgy)...so I lost my train of thought already.  I suppose there wasn't much there to begin with.

BUT anyways...I was thinking back to a story that I heard about the day after mothers day and it really touched my heart it was about a young man a pitcher for the Oakland A's named Dallas Braden, this young man lost his mother some years back I am not sure how many, but this game was on mother's day.  He pitched his first perfect game on Mother's Day and sadly enough his mother was not there to see him complete this amazing feat.  His grandmother however was there to see it.  And this touched me so greatly, when I heard about this I thought how wonderful for him.  I also thought of how sad it made me that more people didn't care about the sweet emotional significance. 

Again on this subject I think of Phil Mickelson and his win at the Masters this year and how touching it was to see his wife who is battling for her lfe with breast cancer as is his mother to be there to hug him that end. And to see in his eyes that nothing meant more in the world than to hold her in his arms to be able to share his accomplishments with her, that green jacket could come or go, but in his arms is where he always wanted her to stay.

 In a world where we gawk more that train wrecks that are in the public eye ie Lindsay Lohan, Tiger Woods and the list goes on...we forget about the sweet inherant goodness and love of one another, and how special that is and how much more that needs to be appreciated.  I honestly believe that the world needs to be touched by the kindness and embrace it as pathway in their own lives...

Thank you to those of you out there who are not afraid to love, not afraid to cry.  I thank you again and again, from here to eternity.

Happy Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment