Friday, May 14, 2010

A tribute

Today I take to my blog in a toast to my dear dear friend Jilly...(her full name won't be used.)  But she knows who she is.

This morning I recieved a wonderful phone call.  My friend Jilly is now the reciepient of the Ford Scholarship.  Now friends this scholorship is not your ordinary everyday scholarship.  This is a life changing scholarship. 

First and foremost I must congratulate all of the Ford Applicants and say that you are all remarkable and I am proud of each and everyone of you.

Jilly!  A toast is in order - you are a warrior...not just a warrior you are a VAGINA WARRIOR.  And without you, I wouldn't have been quite the VAGINA WARRIOR that I have become.  Without you I would have never been a part of Vagina Monologues and for that I cannot thank you enough.  What a wonderful experience.  And to share it with you.  You have inspired my year of change.  And this year has been an amazing year for me thus far and it is only May.  We have been friends for a very long time - seen each other through more than anyone should go through in a lifetime or 2 lifetimes.  You and I have grown from sad, scared, little girls who were becoming mothers - to AMAZING, FIERCE and FEARLESS WOMEN - AND SINGLE MOTHERS WITH WONDERFUL, BRIGHT, HAPPY, HEALTHY CHILDREN!!   We did it! You have inspired my year of change.  You have been my friend through thick and through thin - we have cried together and laughed together.  You have come back to school to change your life and change the world.  And that you are doing daily.  You are an inspiration to me.  You have been such a role model not only to me but to young women and mothers entering the community of Portland Community College.  WOW.  Jilly you are a rockstar.  I am speechless and overwhelmed with things I want to say to you and to the world about how remarkable a woman I think you are.  You are raising 2 young boys who will become wonderful little men, courtesy of their mother who has made their life possible.  You my friend have earned this.  You have set out on a mission for success and change and now my friend you have the opportunity to make it all happen. 

So with that I say to you and to the universe.  Jilly I am proud of you and you are my hero today and every day.  Please never stop changing the world.  I love you.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment