Thursday, March 25, 2010

this could get ugly...

ok well maybe not ugly.

but I believe that I might be enjoying this blogging business a little too much.  it is however only the first day and i guess contrary to popular belief (or my belief I actually have stuff to say not that it is really of any importance cause its not...I just wanna share.)

So yesterday as my fellow Portlandites (I like it better than Portlanders) know it was a beautiful day!!  I spent my day having a picnic in the park with the man I like to call my mostly companion (for those of you who have read Eloise - it makes sense.)  We had a lovely time at Col. Summers Park...as I write this I almost called this KFC park as I totally thought it was Col. Sanders park.  Hahaha  I really enjoy that KFC park.   Well anyways back to the point.  So we were sitting in the park watching the people around us.  And I couldn't help but observe how much I love to people watch...especially on sunny days in Portland.  Portland has LOTS of characters, and being as it is a rather small town the chances of you seeing them again in a different situation are very good.   But I was amazed by all the different people that the sun brings out, as though the city is really a city of hermits unless there is sun which I am still convinced that in Oregon is a government contrived invention that they pull out just to make sure that we are all still living.  Like some sort of Truman Show.  Call me crazy, okay, but seriously the lack of sun is something to be concerned about and why I still live here is BEYOND me.

As our day progressed, we made our way to Swirl on Hawthorne and if you have not tried it yet you should.  Its GREAT!  They have wonderful yogurt, and you get to pick your kind or kinds...and they you yes you get to add your own toppings, and there is everything from cereal, candy, fresh fruit, toppings of the liquid kind.  Well needless to say its all very delicious and I suggest that you try it, and you create your masterpiece and then you pay by the weight.  After creating our tasty treats my mostly compainion and I took our usual spots by the window facing hawthorne.  And what a treat for the mouth and the eyes.  As we were sitting there we there we watched the city stroll on by.  What a feast for the eyes - so many different flavors of individuals.  As I sat and watched the people walk on by, I love to imagine what their stories might by, what movie characters or book characters or anything that they remind me of.  And please as you read this do not take this wrong way, as I am not a mean person, and I do not look at people with a mean eye - I certainly hope that people look at me with a creative eye.  I find people interesting I guess is what I am trying to say and I love to watch them.  Not in a stalkerish sort of way, but just a curious way.  I love to see all the different ways that people dress, their hair.  The way they hold themselves or eachother, their body language, everything about them.  

As the day progessed and we went about the day I was noticing how when the sun comes out you truly see how pedestrian friendly and accessable our city really is.  People were walking or riding their bicycles EVERYWHERE!  Its really great.   We are very lucky.

Ok well thats enough rambling...
Portland is truly a special place when the sun comes out.   

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment