Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kid Speak

Those of you who know me...know that I have a penchant for babies and small children especially those of the chubbier persuasion.

So much so that I have a song about them...and have dreams of making a parade of them while they sing said song and bang on pots and pans.

Explain it I cannot.

But I LOVE CHUBBY BABIES!! 

I am very fascinated by the way children speak as well.  The way that they interpret language is a very special thing.  Since I am a single mom I spend lots of times with my little one.  I also get to spend time with my other favorite little people, my niece and nephew.  Together the three of them are the most amazing group of little people, in fact I wish that I was able to video tape their conversations because they are so fascinating. 

A few months ago we were all eating pizza together and I heard the greatest conversation EVER.  It began with my nephew who is about to turn 5 asking my daughter who is 9 what Candian Bacon was (as it was on our pizza) she simply turned to him and explain very matter of factly "Bacon, from Canada" as if we all should know what "Canadian Bacon" was.  And he simply replied "Oh, ok."  and that was all the explaination that he needed.  However she went on to explain where Canada was as she was using a placemat map of the world...and how Canada was really further away than we thought because the world is round. 

I LOVE IT!

My nephew also uses "shut off" instead of "shut up" which I myself have adopted how perfect...someone is driving you nuts...SHUT OFF.  It speaks so truly to what it is that you want them to do.

Kids...so creative and straight to the point.  I wish that the language that we used as adults adopted this philosophy of just say it, say what you really feel, what you really mean.  As I find the truth to be less harmful than beating around the bush.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment