Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Reflection of Sorts

so i sat down to write a post this evening with an idea in mind.
as i begun to write...
i lost my train of thought.
i know not what to say.
what to think.

as the first rain of the fall fell.
i cannot wait.
sweaters, boots and scarves oh my.
i look forward to the warm in which fall congures up in my soul.

i look forward to what the fall holds.
as the days go on i have been reflecting upon things in my life a little differently.
1st and foremost my little lady is become just that.
a beautifully stunning soul of a creature.
she is special.
she is kind.
she is bright.
and lovely.
not that i am not always a proud momma.
but after tonight at her schools function and watching her and listening to her speak and interact with her friends.
I AM PROUD.
i sit here now watching her do her homework - talking to her self being all wrapped up in the things she is doing and it fills my soul with delight.

and with that i could go on and on and on and on and on...and on.
so i will move on.
i feel as though at this very place in my life i have taken to sitting back and watching.
that could be because i am all layed up with an injury...
or just because it is presently my time to observe.
to watch.
to feel.
to reflect.

in reflection.
i see.
i see life changing.
good friends, old friends, new friends, acquaintances.
all changing.
weddings.
engagements.
babies.
its all upon us.
well not me.
not directly.
i am not engaged.
married.
or with child. (thank goodness)
that's not to say i wouldn't enjoy that someday.
but one step at time.
i did it all backwards once.
and the older i get the more traditional in that regard i am.

but in reflection of these changes.
beautiful changes.
i reflect on my relationships.
with friends.
with family.
and with my mostly companion.

as i rapidly approach thirty.
yes thirty.
i said it.
and i am embracing it with open arms.
i would like to say thankfully that i have learned so much about myself.
finally.

friends.
so fabulous.
each one.
in their different ways.
so special.
i am blessed.
i would like to give a special thank you to each one but i need not bore you.
just know i thank you and i think you are fantastic.
i am a better person for knowing each and everyone of you.
some of my relationships with friends seem to be on a fading light.
and that's ok.
life changes.
it ebbs and it flows.
you will always have a special place.
safe in my heart.
some of my friendships have caught like wildfire.
in ways i cannot explain.

there is one in particular.
i feel i must share.
this friend and i met under not super outstanding circumstances.
but she was a friend of my mostly companions.
when i was introduced to this lovely lady i knew she had a light that i really gravitated towards.
she was something different.
something special.
she is affectionately known as neighbs.
she wasn't always known as that but this was what she has grown to be not only in the physical sense.
but in so many ways.
her heart is my neighbors heart.
i believe that she and i are kindred spirits of sorts.
she has very recently seem to find her path.
not that she didn't know it before but things seem to be falling into place.
please do not misunderstand.
this woman is put together.
she has things handled.
let me just say that every time that i am with her i feel my light shine.
she brings it out the light in others that they cannot always see within themselves.

i have chosen to write about her this evening because i don't know if she sees the beauty she possesses.
so i took it upon myself to share her light with the world.
i love you neighbs.
thank you for making me a better person.
you inspire.
thank you for being you.
i am proud of things that you are accomplishing.
you are a tremendously fantastic creature.
words are not enough.

on to the next.
i guess at this point i must admit to my reflection upon my relationship with my mostly companion.
do not fret my friends.
the reflection has been positive.
let me first say.
i love love love my mostly companion.
as people around me get engaged.
get married.
buy homes.
get pregnant.
have children.
change.
around us.
i am in love.
i cannot wait to change with him.
through all of our trials and tribulations.
and believe me we have had our share.
something has changed.
and changed for the better.
it is a special place.
a magical place.
a place i never dreamed of being.
yes.
i will admit it.
i have met the person that i want to share the rest of my life with.
as i reread that it sounds as though we are newly together.
we are on our fifth year together.
five years.
we have ten more months til the of the fifth year (the anniversary)
but we work on our fifth year daily.
i enjoy him.
just recently we have put together a rather large and challenging puzzle.
and it was amazing.
i watch him with my daughter.
amazing.
i laugh with him.
amazing.
he is special to me.
i cannot imagine spending my days with another.
shall i say it...
yes.
i want to marry him.
i want him to want to marry me.
i cannot wait for that day.
when he asks me to be his wife.
and i get to walk down the aisle to him.

so i suppose before i get lost in love.
i will offer up my congratulations to all of my friends, new and old, acquaintances.
who are going through change.
life is beautiful.
please always continue to embrace it.
i am blessed and thankful to know you all.
thank you for sharing your world with mine.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment